The EU Regulation 2016/679 on "the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data" (hereinafter "EU Reg. 2016/679" or "GDPR") contains a set of rules designed to ensure that the processing of personal data is carried out in accordance with the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals.
PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
The Personal Data Controller is Giuliani S.p.A., (C.F. and P. IVA 00752450155), with headquarters at Via Pelagio Palagi n. 2, 20129 - Milan (MI), in the person of its legal representative p.t., (hereinafter "Giuliani" or also just the "Owner").
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (DPO)
Subjects and users that access/visit the website.
PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?
For the operation of the website and to provide the most relevant products and services to the users, small data files, called "cookies", are installed on your device. These are sent by a web server to the visitor's/user's Internet browser and automatically stored by the latter on your device (personal computer, tablet, cell phone, etc.) and automatically sent back to the server each time you access the site.
This technology is used for measuring visitors' responses to the site and the efficiency of any marketing campaigns (such as how many times a page is opened and what information is accessed), as well as for evaluating the site's practical use. Cookies allow us to store browsing preferences and customize the site to the user's needs by optimizing the browsing experience.
There are different types of cookies:
- About the purpose of cookies
- a. Technical cookies are necessary for the correct functioning of the site and the provision of the service requested by the user (e.g., view the website, move three pages).
- b. Profiling cookies are used to trace specific actions or recurring behavioral patterns in the use of the features offered by the site back to specific, identified or identifiable individuals. These are designed for the purpose of clustering users within homogeneous clusters of different sizes, making it possible for the Owner, to modulate the provision of the service in an increasingly personalized manner beyond what is strictly necessary for the provision of the service. An example are cookies used to profile the user so that he or she can display advertisements that may be in line with his or her interests, as they are consistent with his or her tastes and consumption habits.
- c. Analytics cookies, provide the site operator with statistical data such as, for example, the total number of visitors to the site for each specific time slot. These are not necessary for providing the functionality explicitly requested by the user, which can access the site even when this cookie category is disabled (in the case where the purpose is limited to measuring the number of visitors to a site or application to meet different needs such as optimization of technical performance such cookies are to be considered in the same way as necessary technical cookies and therefore do not require prior consent).
- About the subject that manages the cookies
- a. First-party cookies are the cookies sent to your browser directly from the site you are visiting.
- b. Third-party cookies, these cookies are issued by "external" players, such as ad servers and social sharing buttons.
- About the retention time on the device.
- a. Session cookies, collect and release information limited to the current session. For example, if several products are placed in the shopping cart, they will remain saved in place until the end of the session, other information like login data or online forms already filled out will also remain saved during the session. As soon as the browsing session ends, all data will be deleted.
- b. Permanent cookies, remain stored on your device unless they are deleted or reach their date of expiration. So, except for the indicated cases, even if the browsing session ended, the data will not be deleted.
WHAT COOKIES ARE USED BY THE SITE?
- Essential (or technical) cookies, necessary for the operation of the website and the use of its main features. The information collected relates to the operation of our website (e.g., website scripting language and security tokens) and enables us to provide the requested service. In particular:
- browsing cookies, which ensure normal use of the Sites and are usually session cookies, which are automatically deleted when you close your browser; these cookies are necessary for the operation of the site and cannot be disabled.
- functionality cookies, are cookies that are used to facilitate the user's efficient use of the site and thus improve the personalized browsing experience (they are used, for example, to keep track of the language chosen).
- Profiling Cookie , can gather personal information such as name, pages visited on the website, history coming to the site, and purchases made. The collected information is used, for example, to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns or to provide better targeting services. In accordance with applicable regulations, users' consent is required before proceeding to the installation of profiling cookies, moreover, users are always free to give their consent to the installation of profiling cookies and revoke it at any time.
Profiling cookies can be installed both by the Data Controller and by third parties (third-party cookies) who, in that case, act as autonomous data controllers by providing an illustration of the methods and purposes of the processing pursued by the same through a special information notice (link in table).
- Analytics cookies, gather information about how users use the website, such as which pages are visited most often, whether you receive error messages, and how you got to our website. The information collected by these cookies is then used to improve the use of the website. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party web traffic and analytics service providers. As required by applicable law, the prior consent of the user is required for the installation of third-party analytical cookies. If you give consent to the installation of analytical cookies, the Data Controller will keep track of that consent through a specific technical cookie. In this way, it will be possible to avoid reproposing the cookie banner during future visits to the Site. You are free to give your consent to the installation of analytical cookies and revoke it at any time without affecting your ability to visit the Site and enjoy its content. However, this may affect the performance of the Site.
The Site uses Google Analytics to improve our Site and understand which parts or elements are most liked by Users, also, as an anonymous analysis tool. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the Site is transmitted to a Google server where it is stored. Google will use this information to analyze Users' use of the Site, to compile reports on Site activity, and to provide additional services related to Site usage and Internet usage.
The Site uses sharing plugins that allow users to share their information with social networks and social network managers who can then identify users and store information about their use of the Site. If you do not accept these cookies, you cannot use or view these sharing tools.
Users can view information on how social networks handle cookies on the relevant sites.
• Facebook https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
• Twitter https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en
HOW TO CHECK AND DELETE COOKIES
When accessing the site, with the browser set to accept cookies, the user can express their preferences regarding the various types of cookies through the popup banner displayed. These preferences will be recorded for proper consent management so as to ensure that the user can exercise his or her choices in a granular manner in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act. You may give or withhold consent to various types of cookies, both issued directly by Giuliani and by its partners and suppliers. The different types of cookies are identified and classified based on the purposes for which the cookies are issued and used, making it easier and more immediate to recognize them. The different types of cookies are identified and classified based on the purposes for which the cookies are issued and used, making it easier and more immediate to recognize them.
- Change Consent
Data gathering using analytics cookies can be deleted. If cookies are deleted, the information collected before your preferences were changed can still be used. However, disabled cookies will no longer be used to collect more information about your browsing experience. For marketing cookies, when a user chooses not to be tracked, a new cookie is subsequently placed to prevent users from being tracked.
- Browser configuration
Many cookies used on the site can be enabled or disabled not only through the consent tool (banner/site setting) but also through the settings of the browser used for access. Please note that disabling a cookie or category of cookies will not result in the deletion of cookies previously recorded by your browser unless the deletion action is completed manually through the browser functionality itself. To disable cookies through your browser, please refer to the instructions usually found within the "Help," "Tools," or "Edit" menus of your browser:
Alternatively, the user can take advantage of the Your Online Choices service that allows users to select their tracking preferences for most advertising tools.
In any case, it is recommended to check, from time to time, for the management of cookies drafted by third parties to refer to the instructions in their respective disclosures, accessible through a link in the "Third Party Disclosure" column of each table.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS MANAGEMENT
UPDATES AND CHANGES
Ultimo aggiornamento: 11.04.2022